Details are being finalised for our Family Picnic to be held in the Reserve on 17th July 11am – 3pm. The aim of this event is to encourage local people to come and discover more about the wonderful resource right on their doorstep and actively engage in it.
The volunteers of the Conservation Group have put together a programme of fun events for all the family to choose from and take part in. Just bring a picnic and something to sit on, relax, enjoy and take part in anything that interests you.
Below is a list of planned activities. Some will be on a timed basis and more may be added prior to the Picnic.
- Guided flower identification and walks
- Pond dipping
- Painting and drawing area (to be confirmed)
- Kite making (£2 discretionary materials contribution)
- Hand Scythe Demonstrations
- Guided bird watching in the hides
- Storytime (for under 8’s)